Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Favorite Things... Day 2

Yesterday, Elizabeth and I spent the day in Chicago with our friends!


We wandered up and down the "Magnificent Mile" (Michigan Avenue), had lunch at the Grand Lux Cafe.  The apple pie?  DEELISH!


I love the city, and the Christmas lights were beautiful!

So, my favorite thing for day 2?  Good times with friends, and one on one time with Elizabeth.

But I cannot give you that, can I?  Day 2 "Favorite thing" is Fair Trade.
We have a wonderful Fair Trade store in our little town, One World Handcrafts. I know I've mentioned it before.  This month while purchasing a few Christmas gifts at One World, I bought one for myself.
The hat and "glitten" set you see me wearing in above photos.  Fashion is fairly important to me.  I usually rank it higher than comfort, and sometimes function. Knowing I was going to spend the majority of my day on my feet and in the cold, I still wanted to look good.  We were in Chicago after all!  Not one for wearing hats, I decided that I wanted to be comfortable in the windy city.  Not only did the hat and "glittens" keep me warm, they were cute too!

For you, my lovelies, I have one hat and mitten set! Made in Nepal, by a fairly paid individual.
The hat is predominately black with earth tone polka dots, and the mittens are the same colors, but each side of the mittens is a different color.  Totally Cute! 



If you would like to win the Fabulous hat and mitten set, please leave a comment putting these three things in order of importance to you:

Fashion

Function

Comfort



Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, Yes, I wore heels.  Boots with heels. And yes, today my feet hurt.  But, it was worth it. 

10 to leave a comment, click HERE:

FROG PRINCESS said... Best Blogger Tips

well let me see i wear scrubs most of the week 5/7 days so comfort is ver important, then comes function (i have to have pockets!), then fashion. i would really like to change that order but i have an antisocial husband so we do not go out much and when we do...i have nothing to wear but comfy clothes (jeans t-shirt type)! maybe someday when i do not have to worry about what to do with the kids or get a management job that order will change!

carol collett said... Best Blogger Tips

Function, comfort, fashion

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Sarah- comfort(esp. shoes) then fashion and then function

So glad you guys had fun in Chicago!!!
Kathie Sites

Kimberly and Elizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips

that's easy, Fashion, Function, Comfort, that being said I am so glad you cannot see me now because I am lounging in yoga pants, and since I don't work this week, will probably be doing so into the new year!

so glad you had a great time!

Elizabeth

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Comfort, function, and THEN fashion. Of course, I am 50!

Your old friend,
Tracy

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Fuction, comfort, fashion. (However, I strive to have my functional and comfortable things be fashionable.)

However, I am currently stuck wearing nothing but yoga pants (lacking fashion) for a few more weeks. Ugh.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

NO WAY! LOVE shopping at the One World! So love polka dots too!! So jealous you spent time in downtown Chicago....love visiting that city, then coming home to my small town! B Stein

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

I was just telling someone about that Fair Trade store! I love it! I am sure there is something similar here, just need to find it.

Texas Cousin said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, how I wish I could actually use these too cute hat and mittens. I love them! Oh, well better give them to someone who can.

Texas Cousin said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh, and I was supposed to mention "Comfort/Function then fashion"