Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Favorite Things...day 3

So sorry for the late posting today.  Besides working for the first time in a week, I've been busy.  Laundry, dishes, cooking.


Cleaning up after these two.  Hard to imagine, I know.


And using this. A Hoover maxextract 77.  One of my Christmas gifts. I've cleaned both couches, and they look fabulous.  The tile is next.  You never know, it may be on next years favorite things!

And reading.  My Mother in law gave me this book for Christmas, and once I got started, I just couldn't stop.


Jodi Picoult was on last years "favorite things", and I'll be honest.  I think I've read.... maybe three books since then? I don't know.  But I will tell you why reading is my "Favorite Thing" for day three.
A horrible thing really.  Once I get started, I can't stop.  It's true.  Even though I did get some things done today, it was more like this:  read.  clean up Jackson's mess.  read. change the laundry. read. clean up Jackson & Isabelle's mess.  read. clean the couch.  read. clean up after Jackson. read. change the laundry. read. make lunch. read. sweep the floor. read.
I end up feeling guilty sitting down to read, when I have so many other things to be doing, but I just can't help myself!

My Mother in law also gave me "Firefly Lane" by Kristin Hannah.  I'm debating whether I should start it tonight or wait? but then again, this week I'm on vacation....

If you would like to enter to win a $20. gift card to "Borders"  please leave a comment telling me what book is next on your reading list!
If you are not a reader, but would still like to enter, just tell me one of your guilty pleasures!

10 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

There r stacks of books I want to read, but can't find the time. I have 3 Nicholas Sparks books and 7 books left in a Linda lael miller series that I bought a year ago! Pandora

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

I just finished "Blink." I really adore anything Malcolm Gladwell writes. But he annoys me because I wish I was him when I read his books. I JUST started "Lamb" and will be reading "Atlas Shrugged" next.

Mikki said... Best Blogger Tips

My sis-in-law introduced me to Jodi Picoult last year and I have been hooked ever since. I am currently staying up late to finish Salem Falls - as we speak. It really is kind of scary how similar we are in some aspects of our life:). My day was similar to yours, just remove cleaning up after children and insert cleaning the kitchen!
-Mikki

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Anything by Debbie Macomber! tracietrump@yahoo.com

FROG PRINCESS said... Best Blogger Tips

well i also have two of nicholas sparks books! last song and the one before that lucky one i think! i will at some point get to read them. right?!

Beths said... Best Blogger Tips

I agree with Island Girl - Malcolm is fabulous, have read everything by him, if I can't be him I would at least like to have dinner with him!

Have Hannahs Town with me to read and have started but it is a little to academic for this atmosphere where I am interrupted all the time by kids on vacation. It is also distracting because I keep trying to picture what the parts of Wabash he is describing look like now and what they must have looked like years ago. Looking forward to getting into it.

I too have "Firefly Lane" in the queue and have read a few pages. Wanna read it together? Let me know when you start. Beth

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. Other than that...I have NOTHING on my book list. Very, very, very hard to believe!

carol collett said... Best Blogger Tips

Any Nickolas Sparks book.....or facebook...hee hee hee

Texas Cousin said... Best Blogger Tips

I have been reading a series by Lauraine Snelling. My next book is More Than a Dream. They are easy light historical fictions about the Norwegian immigrants lives and how they settled the Dakota area.

Jangle said... Best Blogger Tips

The Strong Willed Child, Shepherding A Childs Heart, Large Family Logistics, What He Must be...To Marry My Daughter are just a few on the top priority list...

(oh, and btw - I did think of you while reading Large Family Logisitics... :) )