Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This, That, and Everything Else

The past few days have been so much fun!

Saturday morning we put the fall decorations away, and started on the Christmas ones... with much attitude from the big sister.  Another story for another time..


Saturday afternoon some friends and I took a class from our friend Jen.  She is the owner of a fabulous floral shop; Love Bug Floral.  We all made a beautiful Christmas centerpiece.  I even impressed myself!!  Hopefully we talked her into teaching another class before Easter.....

Saturday evening was our Bunco Christmas Party.  "So much fun" does not really describe the evening.  It was... so much more.


We exchanged gifts, by playing the game where you can either pull from the pile of unwrapped, or steal from someone else.  You know the one.   This was the book I (ahem) stole from Beth.  I am so glad I did!  It is a book about our little town in the 1900's.  Not really something that interest me, I'm going to read it, and probably learn so much about the area, but the reason I love it so much??  In the acknowledgements the author list two of my favorite people in the whole world, Beth S., and Tracy S..  I LOVE you guys!!

Sunday, Church and then the Christmas Program in the evening.


Isabelle is in the back, center.  Right next to her "Best Friend", Grace.  She did a fabulous job and it is always fun to watch!.

Monday... our first two hour delay.  WOO HOO!  I'm a big fan of the delay!


Monday afternoon, Isabelle's "Best Friend" Grace and her little brother Isaac came to play.  Everyone had a great time, even me!

Monday  night was Elizabeth and William's school program.  A little rewind:  The beginning of November a note came home from school asking for volunteers to make costumes for the Preschool and Kindergarten classes for the Christmas Program.  I said yes, if no one else volunteers.  No one did.  The fabric and patterns came home from school the week of Thanksgiving, and sat on my folding table until last week.  I know, I know.  I HATE leaving things until the last minute, and stressing over them, but I seem to never learn, and do it to myself ALL THE TIME.  God heard my prayer, and sent snow.  Because without the two hour delay, they would not have gotten done. 


The finished product.  Fourteen of these little guys, under my belt.



Elizabeth and William did a wonderful job.  William stood on stage without fidgeting with himself or his neighbor, and sang the songs.  We've come a long way baby! 

A big THANK YOU to Abby for taking Jackson and Isabelle to the basketball game so Ryan and I could watch the big kids.... instead of the little kids!
Sorry about the photo, it is so hard to take pictures with that lighting, and I need a new camera.  Would love a new camera...

Today is Jackson's birthday- and since I learned NOTHING from my mistakes, I have left all the preparation for today...better get started!   Have a great day!

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: