Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Last Week

We've had a lot of stuff going on.  Hasn't everyone??  Here is a short run-down of the happenings at our house:
Elizabeth was a finalist in a local banner contest.  We had some time together, just the two of us at the reception.  She really is a nice girl all by herself.


Getting her ribbon, and the guy in front of us...



Elizabeth's class had a "field trip" to the YMCA, and a local Mexican restaurant to practice her Spanish. After all that, her class had been invited to sing at the lighting ceremony at our county courthouse, which is also my office.

Jackson got the flu, or something like it last Monday night, and still has not quite recovered. He continues to "toss his cookies" randomly.. including in his car seat.  Gross, right? His favorite time to be sick seems to be in the middle of the night.  On my pillow, in my hair, or, well, anywhere on me.   He has lovingly shared some version with the rest of the family.

We headed to Kentucky on Wednesday and spent Thanksgiving with some old family friends-I had not seen in eighteen years. gulp.  That makes me sound old.  We had a fabulous time visiting, and we all enjoyed the 65+ degree weather!



Ryan had a birthday!  I love this picture of him and Isabelle.

Friday I did a little shopping with my favorite cousin-in-law.  We decided Black Friday shopping is only fun if you have NO agenda!

Saturday was my was my grandmother's Christmas party in Ohio.  It was my family's turn to host the event, a little stressful for my mom, but so fun to see all my aunts, uncles and cousins.  We are a family of 73 now, and only two were missing!

After a relaxing lunch with family on Sunday, we headed home with my parents who are spending the week with us.

Sunday evening, we played host to Ryan's sister, her husband and two children, and Ryan's parents.  They had been in a car accident early Sunday morning and had spent the day at a local hospital.  Though Ryan's niece had surgery to stitch up a rather large laceration, we are very thankful they were not more seriously injured. (My in-laws were not in the accident, just came down for support)

Monday night, my brother from Wisconsin slept over with his family- several of them were not feeling well either. BLECH.  They headed home Tuesday morning.  Hopefully feeling a wee bit better.

And that, has been our week.  A very memorable start to our Holiday Season!!


2 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Jangle said... Best Blogger Tips

Funny how one little guy can seriously affect an entire crowd... :) Glad to hear Ryan's niece is doing well! Hopefully you all get healthy this week, too!! :)

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

I am sad that I was one of the two...