Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our Little Dancer, etc

Friday night was Isabelle's "Holiday Dance".  


She's on the far right. 
Poor photo, I know... still wanting a new camera....


Her class did a little routine to "Here Comes Santa Claus"  I did take a video, but of course it will not load.



She had a wonderful time, and was delighted with her "costume".

Being the fourth event we had in five evenings, we were pretty much tuckered out!

Saturday found us at home, all day. Doing the laundry.  I am happy to report, it is finished.  Except for all the new dirty laundry we now have.
Sunday, church. Cleaning up the house, and a visit from an old friend I had not seen in awhile.  It was great to catch up, and I hope that we can hang out more often! Sunday evening we did something we, as a family had never done before.  Decorated Christmas cookies.







 The finished product.  And yes, I let Jackson have free reign.  So, if you come over, and someone offers you a cookie, I suggest a polite "No thank you".
Monday, Ryan and I went Christmas shopping.  My total enjoyment of the activity and his utter disgust, equaled a mildly happy afternoon!
Today, I am working on a few last minute gifts, mailed my cards, and making bread and cinnamon rolls.  I need to put out a few more decorations.  I know it's kind of late, but I really like them, and our guest are not arriving until Thursday anyway.  If I leave them up until January 15th like I usually do, I'll get plenty of enjoyment out of them.  I'm feeling pretty good about the whole situation. It's the first time in years that I actually have 99% of the gifts bought, some wrapped, the cards mailed and the tree up, a WHOLE week before the big day!

On a side note, I have every intention of doing "my favorite things" week again this year, but since I totally missed yesterday, I think I'll start it next Monday.  stay tuned!! 

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: