Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Labor Day here on the Farm is just that, LABOR. For as long as I can remember, the corn is ready to chop on Labor Day weekend. And as busy as it is, and for as much stress it causes, it really is Ryan's favorite weekend of the year.



This is Ryan's weekend in photos...


Chopping the corn and blowing it into the truck.




Dumping the corn silage into the bunker...Will catching a ride.




Pushing up the silage and packing it down.




Bea and her Daddy. Everybody likes to help!

This is my weekend in photos:

A messy house...


And trips to the John Deere Store...

Hope everyone had a happy, relaxing, long weekend!

3 to leave a comment, click HERE:

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

I don't ever remember being there on a Labor Day weekend, but I swear I remember this kind of crazy activity at your house!

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

Wait! In your picture of a messy house, is that a melon half eaten by a cat?!?!

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips

Why yes, yes it is. Rest assured, the house is clean now. Except for the floor, and you know me. I really am going to have to step up the floor cleaning...with a little person crawling on it. Oh, wait, that never really made a difference for the other 3....