Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Enjoying the fruits...of someone else's labor

See these pretty little banana peppers? Bea's babysitter gave them to me. I sliced them up, and poured vinegar over the top with a little salt. I'm sure that they are going to be fabulous this winter on sandwiches...or tossed into a salad.. We are blessed with great friends that are willing to share their bounty!


I told you about the sweet corn and cantaloupe that my neighbor gave me. But I don't think I mentioned that she has also given me green beans. 41 quarts of green beans. AND two heads of Napa cabbage that made the best salads. My neighbors mom, who also is my neighbor, has given me just about more zucchini than we can eat. Now, I am not a total mooch. We had LOTS of sweet corn. And we shared with 3 other families. We are currently enjoying new potatoes and tomatoes from our own garden. And the peaches I canned, well I purchased those myself. And if any of you would like to make home-made ice cream, give us a call. We would be more than happy to share our bounty of milk. As long as you let us taste the fruits...of your labors!

1 to leave a comment, click HERE:

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

ok, so there are benefits to living in the country....I do miss the fresh vegetables and fruit!

I miss other things too....like stars...