Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fleas and the Flu

Yesterday my friend T. and I spent the day at the Shipshewana Flea Market. We had planned the day in July, and were looking forward to spending time together, guilt-free. We had a FABULOUS day. The weather was perfect, the market was not to busy, and we had fun looking at all of the wares. I purchased several Christmas gifts, so excited because I am a last minute shopper. Now, if I can just remember what I've purchased until then... Just as we decided to walk down the fruit/vegetable/bake good aisle, and then get lunch, my phone rang. On the other end, the school secretary pleasantly tells me that Will is vomiting in the trash can. "Can you please come get him?" with a smile in her voice. How she does that I'll never know. Mind you, Shipshewana is two hours from the school. After several futile attempts to reach the Dad, he calls me back and saves the day. But poor Will. He slept all day, and when he was awake he was uncomfortable. Today he woke early, and felt better, but we decided that he should stay home and recover a wee bit more. Especially after he "tooted" and it wasn't a "toot". Even more miserable? The homework we had tonight before he goes back to school in the morning...I think I hated it more than he.

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: