Monday, November 14, 2011

WINNER!

Saturday evening, Ryan and I attended our local hospital's annual fundraising Gala. The evening included a delicious dinner, live auction, silent auction, fabulous entertainment from local celebrities, dancing, cash raffle and a diamond/champagne raffle. *phew* a jammed packed night of fun-especially with our friends, Jim and Beth.
But the title of this post is "WINNER!"- so, let's get to that shall we?

Early in the evening, guest can purchase glasses of champagne for a chance to win a diamond necklace. And since I love champagne, Ryan got me glass. It was delicious.

After dinner, the Gala committee members pass out gift bags (one for every glass purchased) with jewelry cleaner in them. As they were passing out the bags, the Master of Ceremonies was explaining how this evening there would be three winners- one would get the diamond necklace, and two others would win gift certificates to a local jeweler.

On the count of three, everyone reaches into their bag(s) and looks at the bottom of their cleaner to see if they won. Not really paying attention to the directions, and not really knowing what to look for, when I pulled mine out and saw "WINNER!", I was not sure what I won.  Showing it to my friend, Beth; I asked: "What did I win?" Imagine my surprise and excitement when she said: "YOU WON THE NECKLACE!"


Me, my winning jewelry cleaner, and new diamond necklace!

Please ignore the bags under my eyes. I had a cold, and Friday night I was up half the night on a overnight retreat with the youth from church. ugh. I'm old. especially after the youth decided "30" was old. oh my.

1 to leave a comment, click HERE: