Friday, May 27, 2011

Ear Candling

Oh my.



It's a long story.

You've been warned.

Last fall I noticed that I was having a little difficulty hearing.  Especially if there was any background noise.  I usually just blamed it on my surroundings... the kids were loud- equipment running outside- the radio was to loud. etc. 

Until I was at a meeting for work.  One hundred women in an auditorium, and I couldn't hear the person sitting right next to me.

Yup.  I can't hear.

So, when I was at the local herb shop  a couple of months ago picking up some "Focus Attention Powder"* for William, I grabbed four ear candles.  I had heard other people swear by them, and hey, I'm only 35- I am way to young to be losing my hearing!

Those ear candles have been in my bathroom drawer until last weekend when my cousin in-law and I were talking about it, and she knew how to use them.

She did the dirty deed on Sunday afternoon.  And I performed the task on Ryan's ears this week.

Not only can I not tell any difference in my hearing, (neither can any one else) I've felt like I was getting an ear infection all week.  I don't think I'll be doing that again.

Ryan, on the other hand feels fine.

*The "Focus Attention Powder" didn't seem to work either.  Maybe because I forgot to give it?

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: