Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break Monday

William and Isabelle had their teeth cleaned. Yippee. Elizabeth stayed home with Jackson, because there is nothing worse than getting your teeth cleaned... besides an annoying little brother bouncing off the walls.

A friend of ours is going to school to be a Dental Hygienist and she needs people to practice on. Kids to practice on.  It took a little longer than our regular hygienist, but that just gave me time to do a little shopping.

First, I headed to a specialty shoe store. Due to my Plantar Fasciitis, I need "supportive" shoes. Orthopedic sandals. You know how I hate choosing comfort over fashion, but I really need my foot to get better so I can run.Yeah. So I can exercise. And not feel guilty about wearing my heels.

These were my first selection:
(please ignore the bad manicure and poor picture quality-cell phone pics still.)



Birkenstock's Gizeh in Onyx.
This is my second pair of Birkenstock sandals, they may not be the prettiest, but they *sparkle*, and they have lots of support!

And my second:


Spenco sandals.
The most money I've ever paid for flip-flops. Even after the 20% sale they were having! Wearing them this week, I'd spend it again in a heartbeat.


After setting myself up with appropriately supportive footwear for the summer, Isabelle and I did something potentially very dangerous.

We went to T.J. Maxx.

I picked up a really great rug, frame, two potters, toilet paper holder and a fabulous butter dish. I restrained myself and did NOT get the really cute heels.

I talked the kids into Panera Bread for lunch- I didn't have to sell it that hard, they like the soup!




The best part? We've had bagels all week for breakfast!




0 to leave a comment, click HERE: