Thursday, June 9, 2011

Exciting Weekend?

Oh my!

What a crazy few days!

The weather has finally cooperated long enough for Ryan to get his planting done, and hay made.  But not without lots of good help  - and in the nick of time!

Jackson caught some kind of bug, and started throwing up in the middle of the afternoon.  So hard to explain to a two year old why he should not eat.  I was not successful.

Saturday evening our electricity went out suddenly- (a puking baby and no water or lights...fabulous.) not to come back on for about twelve hours.  Argh.

There was a car accident around the corner, took out the entire pole.  Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt.

Elizabeth and I hung out on the porch while we waited for the lights to come back on.  I was rocking a cranky Jackson and she was complaining about being hungry.  She eventually fell asleep, and I sent her into the house.  When I came in a little while later, this is what I found:


She had come into the house and snuggled right up to William who was already cozy on the couch.
I cannot remember the last time I captured a moment like this- of them.

A little later she woke up and immediately started hitting him, and yelling for him to "get off" of her.

Moment was over.

I dug out the few candles that I had,


practiced a little with my camera,





and worked on a few sudoku puzzles.

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: