Thursday, February 11, 2010

Think Before You Speak? not much.

A few (two?) weekends ago while attending a baby shower for a friend, I spotted a really (really) cute bag across the way. Toward the end of the afternoon, I wandered over to the owner of the bag, and said: "That is a really (really) cute bag, where did you get it?" to which she replied, her husband had lovingly picked it out for her for Christmas. (With the help of a printout and a neon arrow pointing at the exact bag).

Turning to leave, I said: "Well, it's really (really) cute". She then, off-handedly said: "It's a Vera".

WHAT?

My head spun around, my eyes bugged out of my head, and I choked on my own saliva.

"You've got to be kidding".

" I HATE Vera Bradley bags".

As many of you know, I received my first Vera December of 2008. A diaper bag for Jackson. I use it every day. don't tell.


And this really (really) cute bag


is my second. Purchased by the very same co-worker who gave me the first one. She found it half off in her home town.... can you believe it?

A wise woman once told me, "There is always a different emotion behind hatred". (and anger...not relevant). I've decided my emotion behind the Vera Bradley hatred is jealousy. Yup. I can make bags. Lots of pockets in them too. Better fabrics ta' boot. Why didn't I think of THIS???

Now, the burning question is: do I wait until spring to use it? Or go ahead and start carrying it now? Would it help to know that I've carried the same bag for a solid year? never changed for summer, fall or winter. I'm ashamed.

1 to leave a comment, click HERE:

FROG PRINCESS said... Best Blogger Tips

JUST SO YOU KNOW I AM GOING TO A VERA OUTLET STORE IN CHICAGO THIS WEEKEND DO YOU WANT ME TO LOOK FOR ACCESSORIES FOR YOUR BAG? OR DO YOU WNAT ME TO LOOK FOR THE BAG SHE HAD FOR YOU? I AM NOT SURE WHAT THEY WILL HAVE BUT I CAN LOOK IF YOU WANT ME TO! JSUT A THOUGHT!