Friday, February 5, 2010

Fine Then. I'll Do It Myself.

On Sunday mornings, while I am making coffee/going to church/helping with the bigger kids/conducting my own little "Sunday School", Jackson hangs out in the nursery with all his little friends. I'm sure they'll start calling him their friend too - as soon as he stops pushing them over.

I've been getting rather annoyed with the fact that I have to label my bag, his cup, and him with the most awful stickers. Basically, because I forget to take them off, and after they go through the washer and dryer or dishwasher, there is no getting them off.

Now, Ms. T. who is in charge of the Children's Ministry at church, is (one of) my nearest and dearest. Last weekend at the football party, I told her: "hey, I'm going to buy some stickers that will come off my stuff without leaving all that crap and donate them to the church." And do you know what she said? "NO". Are you kidding me??? She went on to explain that she wants the Mommy's/daddy's to label their things BEFORE they come to the nursery. (and a small note that we have a blue million of those awful labels, and they are free). To which I replied, "WELL, I'm sorry, I'm a working mom, and I do not have time like those OTHER mommies who get to go to "MOPS" and make cool little tags for their bags" Let alone spend four hours trying to get it off a sippy cup after it's been through the dishwasher.

And then, I remembered these:



Do-it-yourself luggage tags. Grosgrain hosted the tutorial from Skip to my Lou...

Here's the link: Skip to my Lou

They were so easy to make, and I think turned out fabulous.

I'm hoping to make some more - with fun & funky fabric and cool different fonts...

2 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Super, super FABULOUS! Since I am sewing-impaired, I will be giving you my order!

E~

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

You are a genius (and they are cute).

And MOPS...I went once...never again. Too many B-O-R-I-N-G conversations. Oh, and I think made some dorky pumpkin on a paper plate craft.

I'd rather get my girl time at book club - glass of wine in hand!