Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cleanin' Corn

Ryan woke me up at 8:30 this morning and asked me "Want to help me make some money today?"

Sure.

The job?



To clean this dirty corn.
A local elevator was going to throw it away, but we are cleaning it to sell and feed to some feeder beef we have.


My job?  Watch the chute, and keep the auger busy.



When the chute gets "clogged" dig out the big pieces and toss them to the side.  Gross.  I'll spare you the gory details.



Elizabeth's job was to keep the dirt shoveled out from under the twirly thing.  William's? to keep the corn moving down the truck bed.  After burying himself up to his chest, I made him stay out of the truck. (insert eye roll and head shake...)

Ryan picked up four loads today, and hopes to get some more tomorrow.  Woo Hoo!  Free corn!

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: