Friday, January 22, 2010

Love? Hate.

After having Monday off, spending all day Thursday at home with the kids, and still not crossing anything off my "to-do" list, when school was cancelled again today, I decided that I needed to do something productive. Something I absolutely HATE. Something I've never done before. How can that be? I've not done it since we moved into this house. Going on month four. Not a big deal if you are talking about alphabetizing your spices or cleaning out your closet but it's not either of those things. It's mopping. Saying I hate it is well, and understatement. Really. Ask anyone who's been in my kitchen.

I make up excuses. "Jackson is awake, he'll get in the way. " "Jackson is asleep, I'll wake him." "It's going to get dirty again tomorrow".


First order of business, entertaining Jackson. I sat him on this stool in the hopes, that since he cannot get down, he'll sit still. And maybe watching us would keep him entertained.



And wouldn't you know it, he sat nicely the entire time. Over an hour of sitting, nary a peep out of him.


The entire time! (kind of blows that excuse!)


I bribed Elizabeth and William to help me, and we got it finished. The tile is variegated enough to make the dirt hard to see, and porous enough to make it hard to clean. Great choice.




I LOVE the way it looks. Feels. And wonder, if I love this so much, why do I hate doing it so? oh. my knees are rubbed raw.

2 to leave a comment, click HERE:

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

I remember how much you hate to clean the floor....that is why I have the shoe rule :)

Jangle said... Best Blogger Tips

you know - a swiffer wet jet works wonders. it's not hard on the knees... :)