Friday, January 15, 2010

blah.

I'm having one of those weeks.

I feel very removed from God.

I'm not connecting with my husband the way I like too.

I'm snappish with my children.

The house is a mess.

The laundry needs done.

It feels like EVERYTHING needs organized.

My work? I totally forgot an appointment this week. My schedule is filling up, and I'm wondering if I'll have time to prep for all the classes.

I feel like I'm swimming laps. Making a lot of splashes, but never really getting anywhere.
And to worried about getting to the non-existent finish to come up for air.

I felt this way last fall, when we were moving, trying to get things ready for birthdays, holidays and all the other crap we had going on. I have a really hard time saying "no" to things, and it just seemed like we went from one thing to the other. I remember thinking: "ok, today is: **** I'm supposed to be happy." I hate not being able to plan things properly, and I love anticipating events. Lately, both have been missing in my life. And then, yesterday I read McMama's post, "I'm gonna miss this" I had a little cry. at my desk. at work. no kleenex. I looked fantastic for my meeting.

My goal for this weekend: take time to organize something, and STOP, take time to enjoy the ride.

1 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Janell said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome post, Sarah! I can relate, as I'm sure most moms can! And McMama's blog...made me cry...on my keyboard...in my office...at home. Oh so true! I know from experience, they grow up in the blink of an eye and don't want to be cuddled and held anymore! Do it while you can!!