Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tator Tot Casserole...It's What's For Dinner

I've visited couponmom.com, clipped my coupons, and made my list.  And this is on it:

Tator Tot Casserole


1 pound ground beef

1 bag mixed frozen vegetables

1 cup Velveeta cheese

1 cup milk

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

1 small bag of tator tots

salt & pepper

Brown beef and drain if needed.  Slowly melt cheese in milk on stove top.  Mix soup, cheese mix, vegetables and beef, salt and pepper to taste.  Spread in 9x13 pan, top with tator tots.  Bake at 350 degrees until warm and bubbly, approximately 30-45 minutes.  Freezes great.

Just like every other recipe I have posted, I change the directions because, well... I'm lazy.  I never melt the cheese in the milk.  I just dice it up and toss it in, omitting the milk.  As for the vegetables, I use what I have.  Sometimes it's canned, sometimes I use corn and green beans that I've preserved myself.  It works for me.  And I always use the low fat soup mix.  I like my meals low fat.  (a good belly laugh will not only burn calories, but it's good for your soul).

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: