Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Me

Today Ryan and I went to a "viewing".  

The wife of one of his co-workers died unexpectedly last weekend from a blood clot.

She was 33.

They have four children, the oldest is 8.

I could not hold the tears when I saw a grandma holding their youngest son, Noah.  He'll be six months tomorrow.

I've never met her, did not know any of her family either. 

As Ryan and I wove through the church, viewing photos of her with her family, I still did not recognize anyone.

Seeing photos of her, happy with her pregnant belly, her beautiful babies wrapped up in the hospital blankets, at the zoo, at a birthday party, snuggled up on the couch, engagement photos, wedding photos, stirred up so many emotions.  I have the same photos.  That could be me, in those pictures, with my kids.  That could be my mother holding my baby. That could be my husband, standing there. Next to me, lying there.

That could be me.


3 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

That made me cry.

Hug your babies.

Call your mom.

Let the small things matter less.

(I'm hugging you via the internet. Does that work?)

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

I hate that it takes events like this to encourage us to live deliberately. Love you!

Janell said... Best Blogger Tips

I knew Trisha well and she was an awesome person and mommy! I couldn't hold back the tears when I read in the paper that she had passed away, leaving her 4 children and husband behind...definitely makes you stop and think of how lucky you are and that everything can be gone in the blink of an eye! I know that Trisha loved God, and it gives me peace to know that she is in heaven with her Father! Just not sure how you can possibly explain that to children...We still struggle explaining that to Ty and Logan when we talk about their Daddy, and how much he loved them!