Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Day In the Life....

Last week Will's teacher asked me if I would be willing to teach basket making to children while they learned about "A Day In The Life of Jesus". Basket making is fun, and I like to help out at the school. But as you all know, 1st, I am a procrastinator. 2nd, I am NOT a teacher.

Sunday evening I grabbed some stuff up out of the storage area, rounded up my kids and started 6 baskets with all three of them helping me cut the materials.

This is what a small, organized area of my kitchen looked like.



This is what I packed up to take on Monday morning.


And here are some of the kids working on the baskets.






It is a small school, with right at 100 students from Preschool through 6th grade, and they all participated. I would guess that 99% of them enjoyed it...they all did a really great job.
Monday night? I was exhausted.
Volunteering is such hard work.

2 to leave a comment, click HERE:

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

That is fabulous. I am sure you made a much better teacher than I did. Remember the Hebrew fiasco?

Goddess Divine said... Best Blogger Tips

I have never made a basket. How exciting.