Thursday, January 10, 2013

William is ELEVEN!

I know "Flashback Friday" is not until tomorrow, BUT some things that happened last year deserve a post of their own. And hey~ it's only been like six weeks..

We celebrated William's birthday on November 19th.

As we do in our house, he got to choose: eat in or out. He chose out. He wanted to go to the local Mexican restaurant- only because they sing and put whipped cream in your face. One of biggest reasons NOT to go in my book. But hey- it was his birthday.

We invited his good buddy, G. and his family, and we all had a great time.





After dinner we came home and sang "Happy Birthday" in English, and he blew out the candles.



Not quite the cake his sister made him last year, but this is pretty par for my skill level.




He loved his gifts, and I love this picture of how longingly Jackson is looking at his things!




Logan and Jackson helped him put together his John Deere Lego's.

William is growing into quite the young man.

The funniest thing in his life is burping and flatulating, but we are working on both. I have to remind him that I'm a lady, and so are his sisters... (reminds me every time of "Aristocats"~ "She's not a lady, she's a sister".) Does not help when Isabelle thinks it's just as funny.

William loves Star Wars and Lego's. Loves his John Deere collector items.  He is a great help on the farm to Ryan. He helps milk and has been helping Ryan cut wood. On the weekends he has also been helping Logan with his chore list. He loves to drive the 'gator' and willingly does any chore that involves it.

He is a sensitive kid, and is very aware of other kids feelings. He frequently gets his feelings hurt, and that is no fun at all.

He likes his hair to be long, and after I had it cut the last time he didn't speak to me for the rest of the day. He warmed up a little when I gave him some hair product so he could continue to style it.

William gets excited about small things and can always find wonder in whatever it is he tinkers with. Some of the things he talks about... oh my. Never ceases to amaze me.

Happy Birthday William Thomas!

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: