Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ball & Auction

Yes, it's finally over.

We are still recovering.  And by "we", I mean "me", and my house.  It's been a rough go.

After spending all of last week working on getting things back together, we went to my parents for our bi-annual family weekend.  We left on Thursday night after work, and got back home on Monday just in time for baths and bed.  Ugh.

This weekend Ryan's parents are coming for the weekend.  They know how we function- and have seen the house look worse.  If that is possible...

I am really ready to spend some time getting everything back in order.  I'd really like to take the day off tomorrow and mop my kitchen floor. And no, I'm not ill. It's just that bad.

Any who.

In this post, I gave you a "teaser" of the event, and this post, project inspiration. I wanted to show you the final results.  I am really happy with the way the projects and decorations turned out.


Pre-K class.  Hand print stars & stripes wall hanging/old window.



Kindergarten- Hand print Christmas tree. In between their hands/fingers they wrote their names. Oh, so cute.  Isabelle's hand is the very tip-top.  I really wanted to bring it home... but turns out Sebastian's Grandma wanted it more!



First Grade Quilt.  We traced the kids closed hands for the grass at the bottom, they then drew flowers, (some traced their hands for the flower) bumble bees, and caterpillars.  I loved, loved this.



Second grade.  Melted crayon art.  Turned out so much better than I had anticipated.  Such a great piece.  A really fun thing to try with your little people.



Third Grade.  Hand painted nativity.  Boy, was this a tough one.  I had to bring in lots of help for this project- but boy, was baby Jesus worth it!  It turned out SPECTACULAR.



Fourth grade wind chime.  This is William's class. Not exactly how I thought it would turn out, but sometimes you encounter difficulty along the way that dictates a different outcome than you had anticipated.  No matter, it is still going to sound really pretty on my porch.



Fifth grade calendar.  Ahh.  Another labor of love.  And a huge source of anxiety.  God bless the person who bought this.  I never want to see it again.



Sixth grade colored glass piece.  This is a horrible photo.  It is a really pretty piece with colored glass in the shape of a flower.  I'll show it in better light when I get it where I want it.

On to the decorations.

Once again, sometimes things just don't turn out the way you expect.



A view of the room.  This is the only shot I got of the lighted wreathes. They looked so much better when the lighting went down.



Silent auction items were set on tables around the perimeter of the room.  Note the draped burlap with lights.



The centerpieces were just as I had imagined.  Thanks to my friend, Lindsey and her fabulous taste, and generous spirit!




Nothing against your friends, but I have the best friends in the world.



Hands down!

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: