Monday, July 25, 2011

Creek

It was so flippin' hot here last week; the kids talked me into taking them down to our creek.

And I've regretted it every day since.

What's the big deal?  Gator ride through the field, as far as I could make it go into the weeds, traipse through the thicket, down the ravine- with a HEAVY two year old on my back - mind you.

Just to sit on a rock


with a camera that is too steamed over to get any decent pictures.



Because if you know me, you know I'm not getting in the water unless I can see the bottom.



And after Ruby and Sammy had a turn, you could no longer see the bottom.

The kids got cooled off, and thought I was the best mom ever.  For the rest of the evening anyway.

All I got was mosquito bites.  On my butt.  Wrong day to wear a skirt.

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: