Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chirp!

Early last week, Elizabeth brought this little guy inside:


He had fallen out of his nest and she was SURE his mommy wasn't going to take care of him anymore.  I was sure Ruby or Sammy was going to "take care of him" before his mommy had the chance to care for him.

In the house he stayed.


He was pretty cute.  Chirped when he was hungry, and opened his mouth eagerly to the chicken food we fed him.

When I decided he was going to be in the house for awhile, we moved him to this old rabbit cage we had stored in the barn.


Jackson thought it was his job to get in and "care" for the little birdie.  Argh.  I thought for sure he was going to kill the poor little thing on more than one occasion.

Once we had one in the house, the kids found four more "abandoned" baby birdies.



William found several worms to feed the little guys.  I was sure this little robin was choking so William broke it in half.  ewh.

Unfortunately, the additional four birds died quickly.  The original little guy - we fed him for almost two weeks. He wasn't in his cage on Monday when I got home from the fair.  I'm not sure what happened.

But I really kind of miss him.

0 to leave a comment, click HERE: