Monday, March 15, 2010

HUGE Milestone!

Before I tell you all about the fun we had this weekend, I need to tell you about the package I have in my work bag.


For awhile now, we've been talking about Elizabeth's hair.  Her daddy has always liked it long.  Me?  Not so much.  It has gotten better since she is older and can wash, condition, comb and put up, but when she was younger? yikes! crying, screaming, gnashing of the teeth.  And we were fortunate enough for her to bring lice home from camp last year? oh my.


Two Sunday's ago, she was ready, so I went to town.



I combed it out, took a good look.



Braided it up,



and, viola!  She cried, and almost refused to hold it for the photo.  Promptly took a shower and was very pleased to show all her friends at church.



Her braid measured about 15 inches from "tip to tail".  As you can see, I did not do the best job with my kitchen shears, so I made her the first appointment I could in town with a professional!  It looks really cute now, makes her look so grown up.  I would post a new photo....but, yeah.  Don't have one.



Note:  While Elizabeth was in the shower rinsing off the cut hairs, I told Isabelle,  "Elizabeth got a hair cut" To which she replied:  "Did William do it?"

1 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Kimberly and Elizabeth said... Best Blogger Tips

Yea! Way to go Elizabeth! I'm super proud to know such a generous girl!

Elizabeth