Saturday, August 23, 2008

Women of Faith

Several weeks ago I invited my Mother to attend the Women of Faith conference with me. We had a wonderful time with each other (we always do) and with some other GREAT friends of mine. The conference was FABULOUS. If you've never been, I would totally recommend it. The shopping...FABULOUS. I came home with new shoes AND a new bag. The food...well. Let me tell you about the food. First it was my friend Kathie's Birthday, and well, we thought we would let her pick the place. ( How can you go wrong in downtown Indy???) We went wrong.
Way wrong.

I am positive that our waitress has told ALL of her friends about "Those Christian Women" that she served. But more than that, what about that pregnant girl and her Amish mom she posed with? Yikes. I don't even want to think about it.
oh. And as a little side note, the food was not great. I don't even think I would call it good. SO, the next time you hear: "Yeah, but the FOOD is good". You can laugh in his face.

1 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

HOOTERS? Are you kidding me? That is VERY, VERY funny! The line about the pregnant girl and her "Amish" mom made me laugh.

Thank you for posting on my blog, I'll definitely be checking yours regularly...the kids are SO BIG! (And cute!) I can't believe Elizabeth is 9. (But were 33, such is life.)

It's nice to see that life is wonderful, or fabulous. :-)

Love - Lisa

P.S. Mmm...I adore camping!Despite our terrible experiences. I guess I just enjoyed our time together without all of our brothers getting in the way.