Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Love My Job!

At Thanksgiving everyone was listing all the things they were thankful for. I never really got around to that.

I AM a thankful person.

And today, I am especially thankful for my job. I'll tell you why. Several months ago when I spoke with my director, she apologized, and said that because I only worked 20 hours a week, there were no maternity leave benefits through the University, AND, I was not eligible for FMLA. I was to save up all my vacation, sick and personal days, and take them 1st, and then she would approve a 4-6 week un-paid leave. I would be responsible to reimburse the University for my FABULOUS benefits during that time. I was ok with that. I have a job. Not everyone does. I am having a healthy baby. Not everyone does. My husband works. Not every ones does. We would be fine financially. Not everyone would. etc.

But TODAY, I found out that since we have a new President, she has changed the "Parental Leave" policy, and I get 6 weeks of PAID leave!! WOO HOO!!

2 to leave a comment, click HERE:

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

just too cool!

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

That's wonderful! With Kyle and I both self-employed, we had to pay most of Ellie and Josie's expenses out of pocket...$15K and $17K. Trust me, I WILL use that against them in the future!!

Congratulations, that had to have taken a big load off of your minds.(I like how you thought positively though.)