Friday, November 21, 2008

Eat Your Heart Out Vera Bradley!

Do you remember when I won that great bag from Lisa over at "A Happy Little Family"?

It totally motivated me to do some sewing on my own.


We have a great little quilt shop here in our little town, so I decided to drop in and see what they had going on. They had several classes offered this fall, and I thought taking a class would be a good idea for me. I already have a box full of unfinished projects...why add one more??

And this is the class I chose:




An Amy Butler "Birdie Swing Bag"

I roped my friend T. into taking the class with me, and we had so much fun!! We unfortunately did not get the bag finished that evening. (probably due to the talking) But we were determined not to shove it in the "unfinished project box". So, last Friday, the boys took the kids to a movie, and T. and I finished our bags!


I was so excited about the finished project, I immediately cut out another one, and made it up the next day!



And this is it!

I totally loved the blue in the store, and thought that my mom would like the black and red one, but now, I think I like the black better.... maybe I'll keep them both...
Amy Butler has some really great patterns at her site, "Amy Butler Designs" I've already bought another pattern book....

4 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Goddess Divine said... Best Blogger Tips

I think you should make me a green one for a wedding present. Just an idea...

islandgirl said... Best Blogger Tips

those are soooo much more fabulous than Vera Bradley...never liked her much...

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

They are GREAT! Watch out...Amy Butler's patterns and fabric are like a drug. So addictive!! But, it's much better than something illegal, right?

By the way, did you see her pattern for the diaper bag?

Amy said... Best Blogger Tips

Love making the swing bag. It is so fun! They make great Christmas gifts and once ya pump out two or three you can practically make them in your sleep. Amy Butler has some super fun cute patterns. Love your fabric choices!