Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bathroom Organizing

I have a love-hate relationship with my bathroom drawers.
 
I love that they are big enough to hold everything I need, lots of things I want, and even more things I don't want or need.
 
What I hate is that they look like this:
 


When the builder installed them, he said: "Sure, I can put some dividers in, what do you want?"
Since I had no idea what I wanted at the time, I decided to wait and see what I needed.  "Feel out" the drawer- ya' know?

Two and a half years later, I don't really think I can call him up and tell him EXACTLY what I want.

I think I would like to try something like this:

 
Bamboo drawer dividers from Crate & Barrel. At this point in my life, they are a little more money than I want to spend on something no one sees but me.
 
I'm sure I could settle for something like these:
 
 
 
 
Cheap enough- not very customizable, and pretty ugly for even just me.
 
 
So, instead of spending money on something I don't like, and don't think will really meet my needs, I improvised.
 
Enter the cardboard box:





Over a period of a month or so, (let's be honest- I still am) I took note of the boxes we were throwing away, and saved different sizes and shapes, and cut them down to fit into my drawer.

I dumped my drawer out, put some boxes in, and started organizing.

And this, is what my drawer looks like now:



Everything is nice and tidy.

It turns out, I really did need all of those things in the drawer- except for few things....yes, that is a "Jenga" block.


And that, works for me!

2 to leave a comment, click HERE:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I sometimes find the plastic dividers at Aldi. They come in different sizes and clip on to each other instead of being one piece. I love your organization ingenuity!

Lisa said... Best Blogger Tips

Very nice! I like the frugal creativity!

(When I'm feeling like life is getting out of control, I organize. My favorite is the fridge.)